September 6, 2010

Michelle East Photography Studio Photography, Digital Paint, Oil Paint - My Creative Process

Happy Labor Day everyone! Hope you all are enjoying a relaying day!

I am busy this morning working out the final decisions for the last pieces of art for my solo show on the 
23rd of September. It will be held at The Great Hall and Conference Center in Germantown.  I just found out that it will remain up for at least a year!!

The opening is sure to be a fun night with live music by local Memphis musician Robert Nighthawk Tooms who will play the piano and harmonica!

The food will be catered by Heart and Soul catering http://www.heartsoulcatering.com, Memphis.  

My plan is to give a demonstration of how I paint digitally in the computer - I promise I won't talk for long!

For those of you who have asked for more information on how I create my art, here it goes!

There are four stages that I go through, the first being photography. My job as a professional photographer has taught me how to use top of the line equipment and trained my eye to see through the lens to compose and execute the starting photo for my art. 

After the photo session with my subject, weather that be a flower, landscape or person, I take the photos to my computer.  This is stage two where I work on the images in Photoshop CS5 and Corel Painter 11. Painting each stroke of the digital painting by my hand using an interactive monitor, the Wacom Cintique.  This allows me to emulate traditional painting inside my computer. 

Stage three is to have the painting printed on canvas using a professional printing lab.  Once the image is in physical form, I seal the canvas and then proceed to stage four and paint on top of my canvas using traditional Winsor Newton Oils, palette knife and brushes!

If you would like to learn this process you can go to my website http://www.paintfusion.com to find out more information regarding my teaching.  For interviews or more information regarding myself or my work just give me a call! 901.326.6074, I would love to talk to you!  or email me MichelleEastFineArt@live.com

Till next time,


No comments: