September 20, 2010

Live at 9 and The Great Hall and Conference Center in Germantown, Michelle East Artist

Wow! What a day I had today! Got up super early and heading down to The Great Hall and Conference Center in Germantown by 7:30 a.m. and got the Dunkin Donuts on the way! :)

The maintenance crew was there from the city of Germantown and began the process of hanging the 18 pieces of original art that will be up in the GHCC for a year.  I could not be any more pleased with the way the guys took special care of my work and reached for perfection as they put each piece of art on the wall.
It was exciting to see the transformation that the GHCC underwent as the art was installed. {Pictures to follow in a day or so.}

It took all day, but well worth every minute - I enjoyed hearing all of the comments of people passing by as the art went up. I think it was all positive comments from what I could hear!!  Even The Commercial Appeal came out, they photographed and interviewed me about the installation.  Should be in the paper by Thursday.

Tomorrow, I will be interviewed by Live at 9 on WREG Channel 3!  I am a little bit nervous but I spoke with one of the hosts Marybeth Conley and she has assured me that all will be fine.  One thing is for sure, I am in good hands with Marybeth and Alex on Live at 9 for my television debut!!

If you have not heard, there will be a special artist reception on this Thursday evening from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. at The Great Hall and Conference Center. Please join me as I celebrate this occasion. Artwork will be available for purchase with a portion of the proceeds going to The Germantown Arts Alliance.

Till next time,

No comments: